Software Validation EngineerApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 04/01/2019
Our client, a leader in the UK Space and Satellite Industry are looking for an Onboard Software Validation Engineer.
This is an initial 6 month contract opportunity.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with good experience in embedded software development. You need to be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to apply your excellent software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference, in one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing test procedures, execution, debug and formal results preparation.
- Anomaly investigation, including liaison with software designers and requirements authors.
- Inspection of peers' test procedures versus applicable technical and process requirements.
- Configuration & administration of updated test software
Essential Experience Required:
- Engineering degree in software, computer science or similar
- Experience of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process. (Min. 3years relevant experience in real-time embedded Software engineering domains - design, code/test, integration, validation)
- Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mind-set (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost)
- Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented)
- Good communication skills in English (verbal & written)
- Proficiency in formally validating software against baseline requirements
- Java programming (min. 2 years professional experience); C coding; Linux scripting skills
- Experience in the satellite/space, avionics or similar industry.
- ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40).
- ERC32 / LEON / SPARC processor.
- MIL-STD 1553B, and/or spacewire.
- Data transport packet protocols (CCSDS).
- Microsoft Windows 7; Linux Red Hat 4.x
Software | Java | C | Real-Time | Embedded | Space | Satellite | Engineer | Developer
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.