Communication Payload Systems - Antenna EngineerApply
- Job Location: Germany
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 31/01/2019
Our client, a leader in the European Space and Satellite Industry are looking for a Communication Payload Systems - Antenna Engineer to join there team on an initial AUG contract basis. This role is based in Bremen, Germany
This role is suitable for EU Nationals only.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
You will work closely with spacecraft systems, structural, thermal, and AIT engineering to ensure acceptable payload and Antenna performances from the design phase until the in-orbit phase passing by the CATR test activities.
A portfolio of project responsibilities will be assigned; each task having the objective of successful development, integration, test, and acceptance of payload and Antenna performances. The candidate will evaluate the Antenna to Platform interfaces (ICDs).
Simultaneous projects in various stages allows for a unique and exciting combination of tasks from early development, to verification- and in-orbit performance evaluation.
Key responsibilities of the Payload Systems Engineer:
- Interact directly with suppliers, reviewing unit level and subsystem performance and interfaces for suitability (regular travel to supplier facilities)
- To act as a main technical interface toward the customers and the supplier for technical and programmatic aspects concerning the Antenna subsystem
- Perform Antenna architecture trade-offs and performance analysis, including definition of requirements and SOW
- Interaction with the Payload System Engineers team and the Satellite AIT Manager for ensuring adequate preparation and execution of the full payload and satellite test campaign
- Interaction within the project System areas (Thermal, Mechanical, AIT, SW, Test Systems Experts; EMC, etc.)
- Perform and review of Antenna level tests (IFT,TVAC,CATR,FFT) and satellite in orbit test ;
- Support the Systems Engineering Team in the standardisation and improvement processes
- Degree in telecommunications, electronics, microwave, electrical, aerospace engineering or comparable discipline
- Capable of interact within a cross-functional technical team
- Experience in subcontractor management, is an asset
- Various levels of working experience considered, space industry preferred
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and communications skills
- Working level proficiency in written and spoken English, other EU language skills advantageous
- Security Clearence is required
If this role is of interest to you, please either apply or contact Matt:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
Payload | Antenna | Systems | Engineer | Space | Satellite
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.