Functional Safety Consultant (Defence)Apply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 07/02/2019
We are looking for a Functional Safety Consultants to be involved on an on-going defence programme in the South of England. The Functional Safety Consultant will support the delivery of safety projects, authoring safety reports whilst complying with UK MoD Safety Policy and Procedures.
Due to the nature of the project you need to already hold or be eligible to get UK SC Security Clearance.
• Experience and understanding of the requirements of MOD Safety Policy and Standards (DSA02 suite of regulations, Def-Stan 00-056, POSMS, etc.).
• Experience of setting up and managing hazard logs.
• Experience of HAZID and hazard review meetings (supporting and facilitating).
• Experience of authoring safety assessment/safety case reports and providing justification of the ALARP status of the product (using GSN/CAE) and legislation compliance.
• Eligible for UK security clearance.
• You have an engineering background or/and hold Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Up to 5 years hands-on experience of safety analysis / safety case handling
• SSMO/SEMT or MOD QSEP Courses (good to have)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent communication, client relations and presentation skills;
• Good organisational skills with high flexibility and mobility;
• Self-starter, decision maker, with analytical thinking skills;
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.