AIT Payload Test Engineer - United KingdomApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 02/05/2019
Our client, based in Surrey, United Kingdom are looking for an AIT Payload Test Engineer to join the team on an initial contract basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in unit level integration in accordance with the AIT Plan.
- Participate in subsystem and system level testing in accordance with the AIT Plan.
- Participate in general AIT & EVT activities in accordance with the AIT Plan.
- Adhere to engineering policies and practices on the project.
- Maintain tidiness and safe working practices in the AIT clean room
- Work under the direction of the Flight Lead Engineers.
- Support Spacecraft TVAC activities at our Customers test facility and supply validation of Payload Test System. This phase requires 24-hour on call support for the two week duration.
- Support Payload Launch Finalisation activities.
- Support Spacecraft IOT Operations as required.
- All off-site support functions will
- Engineering HNC or equivalent/higher
- Requirements of this post are to hold, or have held in the last 5 years, a UK personal Security clearance and be a British citizen.
- RF testing background with experience of operating standard laboratory equipment such as Network Analyser, Spectrum Analyser, Power Meter & Oscilloscope.
- Full working knowledge of AIT best practices
- Working with spaceflight hardware, including integrated system testing at spacecraft level.
- Working with high power Navigation or Communications payloads.
- Good understanding of operation of PTS EGSE system advantageous.
- Good general electrical & electronics background.
- Knowledge and understanding of material usage in spaceflight environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience of electronic test equipment usage including RF / communications.
- Flexibility: must be prepared to work irregular hours, weekends and shifts during peak periods for the duration of the Payload production phase lasting approximately 18 months.
- Unsupported overseas travel is required in this role to support testing in customer premises & test facilities in locations in Europe (Germany/Netherlands). Approximately 25% of time will be spent away from Guildford.
- Must be prepared to present and discuss calibration and test results with the customer and actively participate in TRR, PTR, and NRB’s.
- Must be UK Citizen with existing or recently held SC clearance.
- Practical and proven hands–on abilities for both flight build, and Payload integration and test activities.
- Good team working skills, together with the ability to interface with others at all levels.
- Attention to detail is paramount for ensuring that the finished sub-systems/systems will function as designed.
- Good communication skills.
- Full, clean driving licence.
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
AIT | RF | Radio Frequency | Payload | EVT | Electrical | Space | Satellite
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.