Control Systems EngineerApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 02/05/2019
Our client, based in Hampshire, United Kingdom are looking for a Control Systems Engineer to join the team on an initial contract basis.
This role is to be part of an integrated project team to deliver high quality satellite communication system on sea and on aircraft. The control systems role is to provide the domain knowledge to enable the tracking and motion rejection of highly resilient, reliable and robust systems for sea and air.
• Understand the design of Servo control system for an inertially stabilised mobile platform
• Experience in the design of Motion control system
• Knowledge of Inertia stabilisation system based on Rate Gyro for antenna gimbal control
• Experience of control system modelling, analysis and design using MATLAB Simulink or similar
• Knowledge of multi axis gimbal dynamics and kinematics
• Experience in Control of nonlinear disturbance on marine/ship environment
• Familiar with Control system theory such as- MIMO, system identification, Mathematical modelling (transfer function), matrix manipulation, PID, pole placement, adaptive control, fuzzy logic, stability analysis, tracking algorithm, axis transformation.
• Experience in Instrument design and interface
• Systems engineering experience in capturing system requirements specification and analysis for integrated Mechatronic system (Software, Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical integrated system)
• Knowledge of modern servo drive control technology
• Experience in low-voltage electrical system design
• Experience in instrument network interface technology such as Ethernet, CAN/LAN/EtherCAT, distributed IO, RS422/RS485
• Knowledge of Safety critical system design Desired skills
• Knowledge of SatCom systems
• Familiar with Enterprise Architect, DOORS, Matlab Simulink, UML, Model based System engineering, MatCad, Ada programming language
• Understanding of ship motion and sea states
• Knowledge of RF beacon characteristics
• Knowledge of structural resonance in gimbal design
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
Control | Systems | MatLab | Payload | RF | SatCom | Space | Satellite
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.