Mechanical AIT Engineer – MGSE - GermanyApply
- Job Location: Germany
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 11/06/2019
Our client, one of the top 3 European Space and Satellite companies are looking for a Mechanical AIT Engineer – MGSE to join there team in Germany on a permanent or contract basis.
In this position you shall be technical responsible for the provision of mechanical ground support equipment in one of our instrument/payload space projects. Within the project you plan the development/ procurement of MGSE for mechanical integration and test campaigns. You will become technical responsible on the provision of these devices and the related documentation within the necessary and agreed boundary conditions. Intense technical support to our supply chain management is part of this position as well as the support to the AIT Manager, System AIT, System Engineering, PA and Project Management for project decisions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Generation of requirements and concepts for mechanical ground support equipment in compliance with with technical parameters, budget and schedule constraints
- Execution of MGSE Acceptance Reviews and Test activities
- Support of the AIT Manager, System AIT engineering, Project and System Engineering Teams throughout all project phases with regard to mechanical AIT/MGSE aspects, be prepared to interface with customers and subcontractors
- Interface and harmonize with the teams of related disciplines like Optics, Electric, Work preparation and manufacturing
- Preparation and compilation of required AIT documents, such as AIT plans, procedures and test reports
- In cooperation with Product Assurance: conducting inspections, keeping log-sheet records, compilation of non-conformance and problem reports
- Qualified practical apprenticeship and certification in precision mechanics / engineering
- Practical experience in mechanical integration and generation of mechanical integration procedures. Dedicated experience within the field of optical instruments or space payload would be appreciated
- High capability in spatial imagination and routine in application of CAD
- Ability to establish requirement documents and integration procedures and to assure the necessary documentation incl. preparation of setup views/drawings
- Organized and structured task approach, ability to reach goals within time and budget by setting the appropriate priorities
- Willingness for intensive travel, work on mission or test campaigns
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in teams, good written and oral English and German
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
MGSE | Mechanical | AIT | Satellite | Engineering | Space | Satellite
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.