Digital Electronic DesignerApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 07/10/2019
- Hardware engineer for flight equipment, including the hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses.
- Able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high-speed ADCs / DACs.
- Support to manufacture and test - may require travel to Airbus in Portsmouth.
- Interface with many experts in other departments (e.g. radiation, EMC).
- Customer interface on technical issues.
- Generate, oversee and configure technical documentation.
Typical tasks, activities, responsibilities:
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements
- Define interfaces and digital parameters.
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Support detailed design in CAD/CAM or VHDL implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/VHDL level in accordance with engineering design rules.
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- External customer and supplier interface on technical presentations and issues
- High-speed electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection and related analyses.
- Mentor DxDesigner.
- Requirements management (DOORS) and SoC / RFD management.
- Lifecycle experience of digital equipment – design/manufacture/ test, including customer interfacing.
- Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years
- Hardware used – debug and test validation of designs
- Software used – schematic capture, layout and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor Expedition)
- Standards/accreditations/methodologies – ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
-Space industry experience.
-Experience of team leadership, mentoring junior design engineers
Education & Training
- Degree level, electronics engineering or similar (e.g. physics)
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.