Senior Mechanical Design EngineerApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 27/11/2019
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – London area - Defence - Permanent
Competitive Salary - Excellent Benefits package - Fantastic Career Development
You will be joining an expanding Mechanical Engineering team providing mechanical design expertise that will allow my client to deliver detailed mechanical design solutions to their customers in the underwater warfare business area.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be accountable for:
• Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes.
• Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings.
• Maintaining the configuration of production drawing packs.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
• Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
• Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities.
• Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency.
• Supporting the Project SDA as required.
• Liaising with customers and suppliers as required.
• Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
+5 years’ experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
Creo 2.0 or above
Finite Element Analysis Tools (Nastran, Ansys)
Please note that due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to be able to obtain a minimum SC level security clearance.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.