Systems Engineering ManagerApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 06/01/2021
• Management of the Systems engineering team, including performance management, development actions, resource allocation and technical oversight.
• Support the Work Package Management processes and authorise department estimates.
• Review department workload requirements and assign team members to projects or bids
• Collaborate with the team to define the department and engineering roadmap
• Produce and deploy skills development plans for your team
• Perform ad-hoc additional duties that arise from time to time and are consistent with the nature of this position
In addition there will be a requirement to perform engineering activities. This would involve defining requirements, architecture, design and verification for Satellite systems in accordance with relevant European Space Agency standards.
Your main duties and responsibilities may include:
• Analysis of customer requirements and flow them into a compliant subsystem specifications
• Deliver technical documents and estimates for proposals and reviews
• Support system / subsystem trade-offs where necessary
• Critically review inputs from the different teams (systems, software, mechanical/thermal)
• Manage requirements and verification aspects through the project
• Definition of test procedures
• Support integration and testing at unit and Spacecraft level;
• Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
• Support other team members on engineering activities
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• A degree in space or aerospace engineering – or a compatible subject
• Experience of satellite engineering activities.
• Experience of managing and developing teams
• Experience of developing company strategy and developing organizations
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.