Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Spacecraft / PayloadsApply
- Job Location: USA
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 05/05/2021
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design and build of the mechanical systems used on communications payloads, satellites and testing equipment and thermal engineering work.
In addition to design, you will also be responsible for integration and testing support of critical hardware systems such as spacecraft mechanical, structural, and electrical subsystems.
The core responsibilities are to:
- Design and modelling of spacecraft/payload hardware using Solidworks.
- Perform thermal analysis of components and the entire system in all operational modes.
- Interface with systems, harness, software, and electrical/RF engineering teams to inform spacecraft/payload mechanical design and layout.
- Support spacecraft/payload integration, test and delivery to launch
- Design and plan mechanical test configurations on the ground when testing payload comms performance both in-lab and in-orbit
- Experienced and highly proficient in 3D CAD software, ideally Solidworks, 3D printing.
- Experienced performing thermal analysis of individual components and integrated systems with Thermal Desktop.
- Previous project experience involving design, integration and testing of space hardware
- Hands-on experience with integrating hardware/electronics is desired.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.