IVVQ (Validation) Engineer - UK/FranceApply
- Job Location: France, France
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 10/05/2021
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As part of the Systems Engineering team, the Avionics Verification Engineer will work closely with the Avionics Design and Verification Architects to implement the verification tests of the Avionics Subsystem (AOCS and DHS).
The Avionics Verification Engineering team contribute to the execution of the Avionics Integration, Verification and Validation Plan on the AVM.
Reporting to AVM Manager in France and the System Department Manager in the UK, the main duties will include:
- Taking inputs from subsystem/unit documentation and test specifications; define the test procedures and automatic test sequences for the verification of the Avionics Subsystem (AOCS and DHS, including the onboard software) for:
Integration (I&T) Tests
Integrated Subsystem Tests (ISST), including AOCS functional chain verification.
Integrated System Tests (IST) including AOCS closed-loop, FDIR, Performance and Mission
- Execution of the tests on the AVM
- Produce post-test analysis data and test reports, contributing to the Verification Control process (VCD’s)
- Validation and configuration of the EGSE (EPS/CDMS/AOCS SCOE and CCS)
- Support problem resolution and contribute to the Non-Conformance Review Board (NRB)
- Participate in the test review cycles (TSR/TRR/PTR)
- Management of the Spacecraft Reference Database (SRDB)
- Verification of Flight Operations Procedures (FOP)
- Support the verification of FOP’s by the Mission Control Centre
- Ensure efficient transition of processes to Spacecraft AIT
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in engineering with electrical and software background
- General knowledge of Spacecraft subsystems (AOCS, DHS, Power and Payloads)
- Experience in Spacecraft Avionics testing (AOCS and DHS, including Payload data management)
- Production of detailed automated test procedures (TAS CCS V2 SCOPE and Python scripting languages as example)
- Electrical functional testing of data bus signals (SpaceWire, MIL-BUS-1553 and RS422) and knowledge of relevant communication protocols
- Familiarity with Spacecraft Database architecture
- Knowledge of ECSS standards for data handling (CCSDS, PUS and CFDP protocols)
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.