Spacecraft Communications EngineerApply
- Job Location: USA
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 03/06/2021
In your role as a Spacecraft Communications Engineer you will be responsible for analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of spacecraft communications systems for satellites and in the long run a constellation network.
As a Spacecraft Communications Engineer you will also be involved in supporting the iterative design and test of spacecraft payload hardware/electronics and software. This will include working with software-defined radios, single-board computers, LNAs, and filters. On top pf that you will also be involved in spacecraft communication systems antenna selection and design.
Your background and experience:
• You have a Bachelor’s degree (or better) in RF or Electrical Engineering or related field.
• You have recently participated in projects developing space hardware and software (preferably space communications systems).
• You have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with software-defined radios, antennas, and ground station providers.
• You have experience integrating radios, antennas, and ground stations into an operating communications system (preferably, a space communications system).
• You are proficient in one or more programming languages is highly desired (e.g., C++, C, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
• You are proficient in working with Linux based systems.
This role is based in Washington D.C area (USA)
You need to be authorised to live and work in the U.S. a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.