- Job Location: Oxford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 01/02/2023
Job Title: Test Engineer
Location: Oxford, England, UK
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: circa £43,000
Hybrid? Yes hybrid work is offered
If you would like to join a global organisation with huge growth plans for the future this Test Engineer position could be for you.
Having previously worked within the space or aerospace industry you will be a technically focused Test Engineer. As Test Engineer you will be accountable for the delivery of test activities and line manage a small team of Test Technicians.
Support, Diversity, and Information were the key words the team used to describe the working environment. With a key focus on learning and Development this role is for somebody who wants to continue to develop and learn within their career.
Who you are…
•An experienced technically responsible engineer with experience on customer facing projects in a highly regulated industry.
•You will have a degree in a STEM subject or equivalent qualification.
• You will have a strong experienced background in testing operations
• Strong experience in battery test methodologies
• A good knowledge and experience of general electrical test techniques
• A good understanding of battery test equipment functionality (Maccor test rigs, vibration table, thermal vacuum chamber)
• The ability to lead and support multi discipline teams in the set up and execution of test regimes to a successful outcome
• The ability to review, complete analysis, comprehend and present information on test status for internal review
• An ability to work in a multi-project environment; to effectively prioritize and work to detailed scheduled plans and tight deadlines
• A business minded and process driven attitude
What you will be doing…
• Ensuring the Health & Safety of everyone within area of responsibility, including leading/managing risk assessments, safety protocol adherence and ensuring relevant PPE adherence
• Ensuring the safety products and hardware, including ensuring relevant safety measure adherence
• Managing the Test Team including all day-to-day management and training/development of line reports
• Communicating with all stakeholder parties
• Completing all test processes, technical standards, and training
• Managing the maintenance, control, set up and operation of test equipment in preparation and execution of test campaigns
• Providing proficient definition, writing of (with minimal to no errors), review and completion of all test documentation and recording all activities and data from designated tests correctly and on time
• Performing of mechanical testing of products including vibrational, shock, Moment of Inertia (MoI), Centre of Gravity (CoG), active and passive magnetic moment testing in external test houses
• Understanding and applying relevant standards and process guidelines specified in the test documentation (e.g., ECSS)
• Leading the identification of formal and informal improvement activities
•25 days annual leave + bank holidays
•Life assurance (4x annual salary)
•Family friendly policies
•Employee matching pension up to 5%
•Employee Assistance Programme
•Annual Professional Membership
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.