Senior Test TechnicianApply
- Job Location: Oxford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 01/02/2023
Job Title: Senior Test Technician
Location: Oxford, England, UK
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: circa £43,000
Hybrid? Yes hybrid work is offered
If you would like to join a global organisation with huge growth plans for the future this Senior Test Technician position could be for you.
As Senior Test Technician you will be responsible for the safe detailed testing of electrically live space flight hardware in mission representative conditions.
Support, Diversity, and Information were the key words the team used to describe the working environment. With a key focus on learning and development this role is for somebody who wants to continue to develop and grow within their career.
Who you are…
• You will have a strong experienced background in testing operations
• A good knowledge and experience of general electrical test techniques
• A strong attention to detail, logical approach and strong adherence to performing test tasks
• A good understanding of battery test equipment functionality (Maccor test rigs, vibration table, thermal vacuum chamber)
• The ability to lead and support multi discipline teams in the set up and execution of test regimes to a successful outcome
• The ability to review, complete analysis, comprehend and present information on test status for internal review
• An ability to work in a multi-project environment; to effectively prioritize and work to detailed scheduled plans and tight deadlines
• A business minded and process driven attitude
What you will be doing…
• Ensuring the Health & Safety of everyone within area of responsibility at all times, including leading/managing risk assessments, safety protocol adherence and ensuring relevant PPE adherence
• Always ensuring the safety products and hardware, including ensuring relevant safety measure adherence
• Responsible for test processes training documentation, delivery of training and assessment of training outcomes
•The maintenance, control, set up and operation of test equipment in preparation and execution of test campaigns
• Proficiently define, write (with minimal to no errors), review and complete all test documentation and recording all activities and data from designated tests correctly and on time
• Proficiently define, write and review of programs for battery tester equipment
• Detailed understanding of safe set up, operation and maintenance of thermal vacuum chambers
• The completion of electrical and physical testing of battery units using small test tools and equipment including DMMs and oscilloscopes
• Testing tasks required to progress the development of new products, in particular electronic and mechanical sub-system V&V testing.
• The management, maintenance and calibration of test equipment including the definition of processes
• Strong ability in the performance of mechanical testing of products including vibrational, shock, Moment of Inertia (MoI), Centre of Gravity (CoG), active and passive magnetic moment testing in external test houses.
• Performing test campaigns and activities assigned by the Team Leader or designated appointee
• Understanding and applying relevant standards and process guidelines specified in the test documentation (e.g. BMS processes, ECSS specifications)
• Strong experience in battery test methodologies, data analysis in MATLAB, cell test data analysis and LabVIEW
•25 days annual leave + bank holidays
•Life assurance (4x annual salary)
•Family friendly policies
•Employee matching pension up to 5%
•Employee Assistance Programme
•Annual Professional Membership
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.