Propulsion Test LeadApply
- Job Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 23/02/2023
Propulsion Test Lead is a highly varied position which will put you in a prominent role working on the test and validation of our innovative, bio-propane fuelled engines. You will need significant experience working with liquid or hybrid rocket engines for testing campaigns and experience with cryogenic engines would be a huge benefit.
You will be taking a leading role in a small, mixed skill team of experts to design and carry out test procedures for our state of the art, micro launch vehicle, Prime.
It is expected that you will have a strong background in Hybrid or Liquid propulsion with significant experience in test, ideally up to flight qualification.
The role will be a mixture of theoretical, experimental and practical tasks, as such supporting skills in other disciplines such as systems, mechanical or electrical engineering would be beneficial. The responsibilities of the role will be quite broad, from designing procedures and equipment, making modifications, test conducting and supporting integration tasks as well as leading the team.
You will typically be responsible for the design, allocation & execution of individual work packages in close collaboration with senior propulsion engineers and technicians.
It is essential that you have practical, hands-on experience conducting hot fire tests for rocket engines as well as the experience required to lead a team in such an endeavour.
A exciting space company in Europe. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.
Core duties and responsibilities of the Propulsion Test Lead typically include:
• Leading a team of propulsion engineers, designers and technicians through testing campaigns at our designated test site in Faxe.
• Design, development and validation of propulsion fluid control and safety systems, cryogenic as well as non-cryogenic.
• Test facilities/equipment design, development, validation, operation and maintenance.
• Test plans and procedures development.
• Test procedure execution, data analysis and reporting.
• Integrated systems testing support
• Supplier liaison and Quality Assurance work on produced propulsion system components/parts including additively manufactured parts.
Qualifications and Experience
Expected toolchain proficiency's will include:
Significant experience working hands on with liquid and/or hybrid propulsion systems, turbomachinery etc.
• Highly experienced with SolidWorks or similar CAD tool.
• Numerical analysis tool (eg. Matlab/Simulink) proficiency.
• Experienced with typical rocket engine performance modelling tools (eg. CEA, RPA, Redtop etc.)
• Cycle simulation tool proficiency desired (eg. Ecosimpro, Simscape)
• MS Office tools, full proficiency expected
• Strong communication skills in both written and spoken EnglishMS Office tools, full proficiency expected
You will be spending time both at the factory and our nearby rocket engine testing site, with occasional travel to our main factory, test and launch sites in Scotland.
You must be a UK or European citizen or from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.