Flight Software ArchitectApply
- Job Location: Belval, Luxemburg
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 28/03/2023
You will be an instrumental member of a small team building out a full avionics stack product. This team will focus on the single objective of building a reliable, performing, and mass-optimised flight avionics system for upcoming deep-space smallsats and landers. You would be responsible for the architecture and implementation, with your team, of the software throughout our modular avionics stack, particularly that for a robust, feature-complete flight computer.
• Extensive experience developing embedded/real-time software
• Strong C/C++ skills and proficiency with scripting languages (e.g., Python, C#)
• Expert on embedded systems and writing/modifying device drivers and boot loaders
• Experience with real-time kernel/scheduler/RTOS internals
• Strong software development skills and knowledge/experience in software engineering best practices (i.e. modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability)
• A previous end-to-end experience delivering production high-reliability/high-availability software
• Experience with Continuous Integration strategies and Automated testing
• A positive, energetic and self-driving attitude, and capable of working independently
• Proficient English language skills
Strongly valued skills
• Past work on spacecraft control or data handling software
• Familiarity with asymmetrical multi-core SoC processors, digital signal processing fundamentals and/or FPGAs
• Understanding of the effects of radiation on digital systems, and the software mitigations available to counter them
• Previous software reliability/availability analysis work
• Familiarity with relevant space industry software standards (e.g. ECSS)
• Comfortable working with electronic hardware
• Prior involvement in spacecraft testing, commissioning or operations
• A love of bullet-point lists
• Create the software architecture for the avionics system across all its modules
• Develop key elements of flight software for an OBC product, from bare-metal bootloaders, an RTOS deployment and flight-control software applications
• Manage a small software development team, including definition of collaboration methodologies and tools
• Contribute to overall avionics product design and ensure subsystem interoperability
• Develop and deploy automated test tools
• Deliver to manufacturing stage, a performing product
• Manage and rule the repositories, with an iron fist if necessary
What we can offer in return
We offer you the chance to participate in the development a completely new type of modular flight avionics system that will enable a new class of deep-space missions. An opportunity to be a key part of exciting missions to the Moon - and beyond - launching in the near future. You would take on an important role in a new, revenue-generating company, with a mandate to focus on technical design and implementation on an aggressive development schedule featuring rapid hardware iterations. You would be working closely with experts in other avionics domains and contributing to their designs, giving the chance to learn about other spacecraft subsystems. The role has a large degree of engineering freedom, with minimized technical constraints, building a fresh test architecture from the ground up. The position is in Luxembourg, a beautiful, cosmopolitan and welcoming country at the heart of Europe.
Belval Luxembourg, with occasional travel needed. Flexible working environment.
Full-time Luxembourg CDI.
We would usually expect candidates to have 5+ years’ experience in relevant fields. The role is open to candidates of any age, gender, orientation, that have or can get work authorization within the EU.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.