Specialist Technician- MechanicalApply
- Job Location: Stevenage, England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 26/04/2023
• Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
• Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix. To mentor when required with certain products, activities.
• Work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
• Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
• Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements (COSHH)
• From time to time you may be asked to work off site; this may be in UK or abroad.
• To play an active part in 5S, lean production and continuous improvement activities.
Proven production record in a similar role
Working in a team environment.
Produce a consistent, high quality product in line with production paperwork.
Certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix - various bonding (epoxy, paste, Silicon), riveting,
wire thread inserts, panel repair, torqueing, working at height and in confined spaces, fine limit small assemblies.
Undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
Work alongside production control, shop floor engineering and inspection.
Electrical skills - crimping, soldering, routing harnesses and mating connectors
Target Industries –
High Tech Manufacturing
Education & Training
Apprenticeship in the aerospace industry or strong experience in a similar role
Stevenage working -
Monday to Friday rotating shifts of 06.00 to 14.00 & 14.00 to 22.00 - regular opportunity for additional hours mid-week & weekends.
Shift work rate uplift of 20% for base site
Working at other UK/overseas sites –
similar shifts but flexibility will be required
Opportunity for long periods of time working at other UK and overseas sites during test phase – with two months’ notice of when & travel/accommodation expenses paid
Rate enhancements for working off base site will also be offered on a project/location basis
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Base of Work
This role will be working on site full time - free parking is provided
Reason for vacancy
One stage interview – on site (work clothes and safety footwear required for a skills test)
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
Applications are via - https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record - at a fee of £23 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process. The cost of the application is only recoverable from the client once the contractor has started and that recovery of costs is via the expense process.
The successful candidate will be required to pass BPSS security clearance before confirmation of contract offer.
The successful candidate will also be required to successfully apply for an SC clearance following BPSS clearance/on commencement of the contract.
A CEST assessment has been carried out for this role and it has been deemed Inside Scope of IR35
A further CEST assessment taking in to account individual contract details will be carried out should a successful candidate choose to operate as Deemed LTD.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.