- Job Location: Portsmouth, England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 15/05/2023
You will research and develop aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience in software within complex systems.
• Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
• Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
• Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
• Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
• Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
• Proven modern C++ software engineering on Linux platforms to a high standard
• Experience of device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test
• Experience of working with Git for version control and Eclipse CDT for development
• Knowledge and application of inter-process communication and techniques
• Experience of system and software modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect (SysML / UML)
• Experience of unit and integration test tools (e.g. Google Test, Robot Framework)
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
Monday to Friday days
3 days onsite 2 days WFH
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.