Quality Assurance EngineerApply
- Job Location: Oxford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 10/08/2023
Role Title : Quality Assurance Engineer
Reporting to : Senior Manager, Business Improvement
Overall Team/Department Purpose
As part of Quality Assurance team, this role aims at establishing and adapting a value-adding, lean quality
management system (QMS), and achieving a high level of process compliance across all OSS staff, with the goal of
assisting the teams in delivering exceptional performance and product quality via agile and effective business
processes, while also achieving ISO 9001 certification.
Overall Role Purpose
This role exists to support the Business Improvement Manager with updating and maintaining the QMS, by
implementing the QA action plan and identifying further opportunities for improvement. The role will greatly
contribute to ensuring process compliance throughout the business with the aim of achieving ISO 9001 certification.
This role operates throughout the various business departments and aims to form a complete picture of business
performance. You will have the opportunity to work across the business and will need to work with colleagues to
understand and then drive implementation of best practice across the various processes.
Summary of Main Activities/ Key Responsibilities
• Ensure corrective and preventative actions identified in internal audits are carried out to improve current
• Gaining a detailed understanding of the QMS, propose comprehensive implementation methods for top-
• Identify and liaise with relevant process stakeholders and propose changes that will meet their
• Identify training needs and carry out training for staff on QMS processes and compliance.
• Write and update QMS documentation, establishing and improving cross-references between documents,
process flows and templates.
• Participate in team meetings to identify and implement further improvements in processes and process
• To complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the
(line manager or management team).
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Quality Assurance, or another equivalent discipline.
• Experience working in the Aerospace industry, preferably in Space.
• Logical, process-oriented with very strong problem-solving and organisational skills.
• Analytical thinking, able to identify sources of information, consolidate and interpret data and present
• Great attention to detail, produces outputs of great quality.
• Learns quickly.
• Takes ownership of a problem from start to finish, presenting findings and solutions.
• Ability to work within defined timescales to meet milestones.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships and influence stakeholders at all
levels across the business.
• Seeks to understand and pro-actively support colleagues, with a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
• Ability to work on several projects/tasks at any one time.
• Excellent use of MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (functions, pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting, charts, etc.)
• Excellent technical English written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively implement training & transfer knowledge.
• Comfortable with statistical analysis and presentation of findings.
• Experience with cloud-based collaboration systems (e.g. SharePoint, Office 365, Asana, Trello, Slack, etc.)
• Comfortable working with and adapting to new IT systems and software.
• Familiarity with ISO 9001.
• Previous experience with Quality Assurance and/or the Space Industry.
• Experience with MS Visio.
• Experience with VBA scripting on MS Excel
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.