Design & Analysis EngineerApply
- Job Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 01/11/2023
Role: Design & Analysis Engineer
Location: Southern Holland, Netherlands
Salary: €45,000 - €60,000 (dependent on knowledge & experience)
Contract Type: Full-time, Onsite Position
40 days annual leave
Capital International Staffing have partnered with a high-tech space company who are developing and manufacturing state of the art space systems and components. They are busy building high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, and attitude orbit control systems. They are a world-leader and supplier to space primes and agencies with over 2000 products in space.
You will be responsible for the mechanical and thermal design of spacecraft products and systems working closely with the core project teams in ensure the quality of the products at all stages from proposal to testing. Your main objective will be to provide the core project teams with the initial mechanical design of the product or system with a focus on the mechanical and thermal design requirements and manufacturability of the product. Day to day you will be performing structural and thermal analysis as well as proactively providing input to improve the design in order to meet product requirements. Additionally, you will be involved in environmental testing and subsequent result analysis to show that the product/s meet the environmental requirements.
Who we are looking for:
We're on the lookout for a dedicated individual with a degree and hands-on experience in design and analysis, specifically within the space sector. Your proficiency with CAD software, particularly Autodesk Inventor, and your mastery of FEA analyses tools like FEMAP and ESATAN will be pivotal. Your practical background in conducting structural and thermal testing, coupled with your ability to thoroughly analyse results, will be crucial in this role. An in-depth understanding of the materials commonly used in propulsion systems is a must. Excellent communication skills, an EU nationality, and a high level of fluency in spoken and written (technical) English (at a C1 level) are essential prerequisites. Your past involvement in the spaceflight industry, particularly as a supplier of satellite equipment, your familiarity with ECSS standards, and your hands-on approach to work are qualities that we highly value. Having a driver's license and a willingness to occasionally travel will be greatly appreciated. Familiarity with various manufacturing processes would certainly give you an added advantage in this role.
• Provide the mechanical design of the product.
• Review requirements in particular the environment which the product is exposed to and has to operate in (space).
• Realize 3D designs according to statements of work.
• Realize BOM’s and other relevant project documents.
• Design (test) tooling and fixtures when required.
• Perform detailed structural and thermal design analyses.
• Provide input to design improvement such that requirements are met.
• Provide expert advice on the mechanical and/or thermal design to the project core team.
• Drive failure analyses, root cause analysis and design of experiments to resolve engineering challenges.
• Provide expert knowledge for the interpretation of environmental test results.
• Establish test and results analysis documentation.
• Efficiently manage your tasks to meet project schedule, quality, and cost targets.
What is on offer?
• An Innovative Environment and a chance to engage with cutting-edge projects that define the future of space exploration.
• An industry-leading leave package to rejuvenate and explore with 40 days of holiday.
• A prime location, based in the Netherlands. Enjoy proximity to Europe's most captivating destinations.
• A collaborative culture; join a team that thrives on collaboration, motivation, and hard work.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.