Product Assurance EngineerApply
- Job Location: Luxembourg, Luxemburg
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 08/11/2023
Role: Product Assurance Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time, On site)
Capital International Staffing have partnered with a high-tech space company who are developing and manufacturing state of the art space systems and components. They are busy building high performance spacecraft propulsion systems, avionics, and attitude orbit control systems. They are a world-leader and supplier to space primes and agencies with over 2000 products in space.
We are seeking a Product Assurance Engineer to join our client’s team, focusing on the development of cutting-edge propulsion systems and space avionics products. As a Product Assurance Engineer, your role involves implementing and executing our client’s product assurance standards throughout the product development and manufacturing processes.
Your primary responsibility is to oversee and report on the design and manufacturing processes within a project, ensuring that the quality standards set by our client and their customers are met. While their quality team operates independently from the main engineering team, they play a vital role in the technical implementation of their products.
Who we are looking for:
• A degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical, industrial, or a related engineering field
• Minimum 3 years of experience in aerospace, automotive, medical, military, or similarly quality-controlled or process-based industries
• Proficiency in quality assurance principles, methods, and processes
• Strong English language skills
• Prior roles in manufacturing, quality, or design engineering
• Knowledge of quality tools and techniques
• Experience in preparing technical reviews (e.g., PDR, CDR)
• Familiarity with space sector quality standards (e.g., ECSS-Q, IPC, AS9100)
• Background in space propulsion and/or electronics systems
• Expertise in measurement methods, metrology, instrumentation, and calibration techniques
• Proficiency in reliability analysis and assessment tools/methods (PSA, FMEAs, WCA, FIT calculations)
• Exposure to the full lifecycle spacecraft subsystems development process
• A genuine passion for precision and completeness in all tasks
• Oversee quality requirements throughout product design, development, testing, and delivery phases
• Maintain and validate product configurations throughout their lifecycle
• Manage processes related to Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), Requests for Waivers (RFWs), Requests for Deviations (RFDs), and Product Assurance Documents (PADs)
• Identify and contribute to the resolution of issues that may impact product quality and safety
• Conduct internal audits to assess flight parts or flight hardware-related services from suppliers
• Contribute to proposals concerning the quality organisation and processes
• Issue Statements of Compliance when processes are correctly adhered to
• Collaborate with customers to address quality-related concerns and provide updates
• Conduct independent reliability analyses of designs
• Develop quality control documentation for various review and delivery stages
• Enhance and revise the overarching Quality Management System
What they can offer:
Join our client in shaping the future of space technology, enhancing small sat missions in low Earth orbit and beyond. Our client’s vibrant and youthful team fosters a flexible and relaxed work environment. As the inaugural member of our client’s quality team, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s direction, with opportunities for leadership growth and mentorship from experienced colleagues. Located in Luxembourg, a cosmopolitan and inviting European hub, they offer an inspiring work setting.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.