AIT Lead Mechanical Satellite EngineerApply
- Job Location: Stevenage , England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 13/11/2023
Role: AIT Lead Mechanical Satellite Engineer
Location: Stevenage, United Kingdom
Contract Type: 12 Months (Probable extension after initial contract duration)
Base of Work: Some hybrid working permitted during the operation, however, build phase the role will require candidate to be fully on site.
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
Our client is one of the UK’s leading satellite manufacturers and we are seeking a contractor for AIT Lead Mechanical Satellite Engineer.
You would join our client’s team, focusing on promoting and driving AIT standards, ensuring engineering concepts are delivered to the shop floor in a controlled manner. As the AIT Lead Mechanical Satellite Engineer, your role would be to ensure quality and process robustness through promotion of best practise within team and between disciplines, leading the AIT mechanical team to success within the mission.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• AIT Operations Support: Collaborate with the AIT Operations team to ensure a deep understanding of satellite integration's technical requirements.
• Relationship Builder: Forge strong connections with counterparts in various product groups, business units, and engage with peers and managers to share your expertise.
• Technical Expert: Provide essential technical requirements and justifications to the MGSE & Tooling Engineering group.
• Team Management: Lead, manage, and mentor engineers and subcontractors, ensuring a cohesive and high-performing team.
• Project Involvement: Contribute to all project phases, from A to B and C/D, by providing your technical insights.
• Interdepartmental Collaboration: Collaborate with project teams in respective business units, such as Satellites & Services, for a unified approach.
• ESA Liaison: Establish connections with the European Space Agency (ESA) and stay at the forefront of space exploration.
• Global Network: Connect with environmental test facilities across Europe to ensure mission readiness.
• Project Coordination: Collaborate closely with project sub-contractors to enhance project success.
• Design Influence: Play a pivotal role by offering advice and preferences to design teams, ensuring the best interests of AIT satellites.
• Quality Advocate: Provide vital technical advice to project and quality groups and ensure the smooth flow of information throughout the project.
Who we are looking for:
You need the following experience:
• Spacecraft Mechanical testing on prime projects is essential
• Leading other team members
• Production of MGSE specs and operation of MGSE and flight HW
Production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans)
Higher education qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, clear report writing and presentation skills or relevant experience.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.