Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) EngineerApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 24/01/2019
Our client, a leader in the UK Space and Satellite Industry are looking for a Mechanical Ground Support Equipment Engineer (MGSE) to join there team on permanent basis. The role is to be based in Harwell.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the AIT Manager, the main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Review of customer requirements and establish MGSE concepts
- Define requirements for MGSE and compile specification.
- Establish cost estimates and calls for tender for MGSE procurement
- Manages the MGSE cost and ensures that the equipment is available by the required deadlines
- Participates and/or follows the design, development and manufacturing of the MGSE
- Oversee manufacturing process, this may include:
· Trials of equipment before use in AIT
· Validation and certification for use in the AIT facility
- Develop documentation for the MGSE, which may include:
· Configuration diagrams
· Assembly drawings
· Engineering analysis
· Certification procedures
· Maintenance plan
· User manuals
- 1st level support for the AIT facility, which may include
· Commissioning of hardware
· Composition of AIT procedures
· Training for AIT team
· Handling of equipment during AIT
· Maintenance of the MGSE, this includes the maintenance plan, calibration data and safety checks as required
· Participation in the resolution of issues experienced during AIT
- Configuration management of the MSGE hardware and documentation.
- Maintenance of legacy MGSE working with team members based in other Sites for knowledge sharing
- AIT Manager
- Project Manager for definition of work packages and detailed project oversight of task delivery;
- Other engineering teams to define interfaces, requirements specification and verification to support hardware design, implementation & test activity; Product Assurance Manager for support of investigation and correction of problems.
- Customer interaction to achieve consensus on technical aspects
- Technical oversight of sub-contract delivery
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Overview of specifications, architecture, development and validation plans
- Implement and test hardware in accordance with relevant standards
Values & Behaviours:
- Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
- Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
- Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in digital design engineering.
- Proactive to optimise engineering processes to reduce costs
Mechanical | Ground | Support | Equipment | MGSE | AIT | | Engineer | Space | Satellite
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.