Senior Software Engineer - Java Human Computer InterfaceApply
- Job Location: England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 03/05/2019
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to the design, implementation and unit test of Java based applications to support advanced Sonar applications. This role would suit an engineer with a keen interest in software technology and a proven ability to deliver software components as part of a wider complex product.
Senior Software Engineer for Java Human Computer Interface Development within Sonar Systems
This is a new exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a rapidly expanding business. We require a skilled individual to contribute to the design, implementation and unit test of Java based applications to support our advanced Sonar applications. This role would suit an engineer with a keen interest in software technology and a proven ability to deliver software components as part of a wider complex product.
Key Responsibilities and Technical Skills required:
- Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect
- Software Planning and Design Documentation
- Java Programming
- Netbeans, eclipse, Java Swing, Java FX
- Derived Requirements Analysis
- Virtualisation, operating system configuration and deployment
- VMware, Redhat administration, Linux Administration, Ansible
- Software Test Planning and Elaboration
- Software Configuration and Build Management
- SVN, Jenkins, Hudson
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications
- RTI DDS
We are looking for engineers who are adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and interpersonal skills.
You will have min Bachelor's degree equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or a relevant subject.
You will have Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable;
You will bring hands-on experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
You will have an appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles as well as knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
Please note that due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate must be capable of attaining SC clearance as a minimum.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.