Systems/Flight Vehicle Engineer - SpainApply
- Job Location: Spain
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 24/12/2019
Our client, an Aerospace start-up based in Barcelona, Spain are focusing on developing disruptive technologies for small satellite launch vehicles. They are searching for new team members that want to contribute in creating the next generation of launchers.
Supporting and leading the work for the launcher recovery system development. You are expected to take a leading role as the main systems engineer for a novel recovery system. Therefore, you must be completely comfortable with working independently and taking independent decisions. You will have to define your own work and determine which additional tools, if any, are needed in order to perform you work. You will be the main coordinator at the company regarding systems engineering for the recovery system, and as such you will have to guide the development of the system to a high degree. This position is considered a high-level and managerial position and you should have had some years of experience of systems engineering at a relevant company beforehand.
The responsibilities will include, among others:
• Lead the vehicle concept development considering an overall system perspective.
• Keep track of overall system parameters, such as mass, CoG, expected cost etc. and make sure they are in line with the requirements.
• Define the vehicle/system and subsystem requirements based on the mission objectives, including functional, performance, design and operational requirements.
• Keep track of the verification status of the system and subsystem requirements and define the proper verification tests to be performed.
• Support the creation of CONOPS documents and other technical documentation.
• Direct the recovery engineering team and harmonize their work by providing them with the necessary requirements/inputs.
• Lead the work to integrate the results of the recovery engineering team to a functional whole, also taking into account secondary factors such as maintainability, logistics, reliability etc.
• Take responsibility for the functional development of the entire system, and make sure that the ultimate product will satisfy all requirements.
• Validate the suitability of the design concept in regard to the requirements.
• Master’s degree in aerospace engineering or related field
• 4+ years experience within the industry
• Experience of systems engineering, preferably for flying vehicles or launch vehicles
• Good understanding of Flight Mechanics & Atmospheric Flight
• Programming skills in e.g. Python / Matlab / Octave, or in a similar high-level language
• Knowledge of Supersonic Flight
• Understanding of GNC / Control theory
• Understanding of Solid Mechanics
• Knowledge of hypersonics and/or aerothermodynamics is meritorious
Other Desired Competencies:
• Experience in working with VTOL vehicles and/or reentry vehicles
• “Hands-on” experience with development of flying vehicles
• Capable of working in a flexible and open-minded environment
• Start-up mindset
• Creative and with experience in overcoming failure
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
Launchers | Rockets | Space | Engineering | Systems | Flight Mechanics