Senior Robotics Mechanical Engineer - LuxembourgApply
- Job Location: Luxemburg
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 23/03/2020
We are working with an exciting company in the Space industry in Luxembourg who are looking for a Senior Robotics Mechanical Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
They focus on space robotics and are supporting the growing industrialisation of space in the development of space robotics.
In this position you will be focused on building new generations of robotic arms for space environments.
Your tasks will include:
- Making a 3D design of mechanical parts,
- Completing necessary analyses and simulations,
- Optimising mechanical designs to achieve better performance and higher reliability,
- Preparing manufacturing and assembly technical drawings,
- Selecting and acquiring necessary components,
- Fast prototyping,
- Cooperating with technicians during part machining and hardening,
- Conducting performance tests of prototypes built by you,
- Supporting the rest of the team during integration and system tests,
- Improving and modify designs.
You have demonstrated experience in designing and developing commercial or scientific robotic arms or manipulators. You have worked with mechanical devices and precise mechanisms. You have a deep understanding of robotics and manipulation systems. You have worked on at least one project from initial design to final implementation. You have experience in mechanism design, in doing supportive thermal and stress analysis and simulations, in cooperating with machining workshops, and in integrating and testing systems. A professional background in the space industry is very helpful, though for this role experience in the aerospace industry is not required, and you will have plenty of support from space experts within the team.
- M.Sc. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering,
- Strong fundamental knowledge within mechanical engineering and machine design,
- Strong qualifications in CAD design
- Strong qualifications in FEM analysis
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing commercial robotic arms or manipulators,
- 8+ years of professional experience as a mechanical engineer,
- Software expertise: Fusion 360, Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab, Word, Excel,
- Proficient oral and written communication skills,
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Deep understanding of robotics and manipulation systems,
- Experience in the development of precise mechanisms
- Experience in fast prototyping and testing,
- Experience in creating drawing packages for machine shops and working with machine shops,
- Experience in mechanical systems and individual parts optimisation
- Strong pro activity,
- Demonstrated ability to work hard, under demanding schedules,
- Ability to develop warm peer-to-peer relationships
- Know your way around a machine shop and comfortable using CNC, mill, lathe, sheet metal bending, drill press, and 3D printers
- Software Expertise: Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab, Word, Excel
If this position is of interest, please apply, or alternatively please contact Matt at Capital International Staffing for more information:
+44 (0) 1444 238 919
Robotics | Mechanisms | Design | Prototyping | Mechanical Devices | CAD | FEM | Space | Satellite
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.