Electronic Design Lead Engineer - Space & SatelliteApply
- Job Location: Luxembourg, Luxemburg
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 31/07/2020
We are looking for a candidate to join our small design team to develop, test, qualify and initialise manufacture a deep-space flight and payload computational platform.
You will be an instrumental member of the team building out a full avionics stack product. The operation is new and will focus on the single objective of building a reliable, performing, and mass-optimised flight avionics system for upcoming deep- space smallsats and landers. You would take the responsibility for the development and qualification of an onboard computer subsystem for this stack.
The operation will aim to blend of the responsible, high-quality engineering practices of traditional aerospace engineering while implementing the rapid iterative development methods and dynamic workplace culture of a New-Space style start-up.
• Strong background in spacecraft flight computer engineering
• Good knowledge of embedded computational platforms & architectures
• Practical experience with electronics design, build management, rework, and hardware testing
• Proficient English language skills
• Familiarity with existing spacecraft flight computer systems and typical topologies
• Understanding of space hardware quality standards and the qualification process
• Working knowledge commercial processors (e.g. Cortex), microcontrollers and FPGAs
• Experience with high-datarate memory technologies, management and implementation
• Working knowledge of encryption techniques and remote node security
• Competent software development skills (C++, embedded C, VHDL and/or Python)
• Build-for-test design, and hardware/software test campaign development & execution
• Build-for-manufacture design experience and supplier management
• Familiarity with relevant industry standards (e.g. ECSS & IPC)
• Ability to build and rework electronics assemblies (including SMT soldering)
• Practical experience running test campaigns (TVAC, vibration, radiation, extreme temperatures)
• Relevant CAD experience (Altium or similar, and thermal FEA)
• Design, optimise, test and qualify a spacecraft flight computer system for deep space missions
• Contribute to overall avionics product design and ensure subsystem interoperability
• Develop and deploy automated test methods and equipment
• Setup manufacturing processes and procedures
• Manage and maintain a development workshop and tooling
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.