Opto Mechanical Design Engineer - CONTRACT - UKApply
- Job Location: south east, England
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 08/02/2021
Key Tasks include:
* Working within the Opto-Mechanical systems team and with optical, electronic and Systems
Engineers to develop and detail working designs for optical systems.
* Opto-mechanical system design using 3D modelling tools.
* Complete precision manufacturing drawings to BS8888 or similar to enable the designs to be
* Able to apply sound mechanical design principles in developing designs.
* Maintain a design log, summarising each step in the design & development process.
* Undertake structural and thermal analysis using FEA (desirable but not essential)
* Support manufacturing activities
* Develop the Bill of Materials to allow the MRP system to reflect the completed instrument
* Liaise with suppliers to find suitable production solution to complex components.
* Demonstrate experience of the design of mechanical systems in an aerospace or similar high
tech or harsh environment.
Relevant experience in some or all of the following areas is essential:
* Materials and manufacturing processes
* Precision engineering in harsh environments
* Mechanical design using 3D CAD
* FE analysis (desirable but not essential)
* Report writing
* Costing and subcontracting
* Customer liaison
* Operation in a quality assured environment
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.