Engineering Manager - Systems - Permanent - UKApply
- Job Location: Bristol, England
- Type: Permanent
- Posted: 09/02/2021
Your responsibilities will include:
• Management of the Systems engineering team, including performance management, development actions, resource allocation and technical oversight.
• Support the Work Package Management processes and authorise department estimates.
• Review department workload requirements and assign team members to projects or bids
• Collaborate with the team to define the department and engineering roadmap
• Produce and deploy skills development plans for your team
• Perform ad-hoc additional duties that arise from time to time and are consistent with the nature of this position
• Analysis of customer requirements and flow them into a compliant subsystem specifications
• Deliver technical documents and estimates for proposals and reviews
• Support system / subsystem trade-offs where necessary
• Critically review inputs from the different teams (systems, software, mechanical/thermal)
• Manage requirements and verification aspects through the project
• Definition of test procedures
• Support integration and testing at unit and Spacecraft level;
• Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
• Support other team members on engineering activities
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• A degree in space or aerospace engineering – or a compatible subject
• Experience of satellite engineering activities.
• Experience of managing and developing teams
• Experience of developing company strategy and developing organisations
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.